We Need Help!
Sure, cash is king, but there are other ways you can help keep LGBT voices on the air. We’d love to have you “on our team”! Here are some ways you can help (for more info, email: eric at outinthebay.com):
1) Spread the word. Tell your friends, neighbors, colleagues, exes … anyone you think might like hearing about queer history and contemporary culture. Send ‘em a link to this site (www.OutintheBay.org) or our Out in the Bay page on Facebook (www.facebook.com/outinthebay). Please “like” us on Facebook and follow us too!
2) Help us, as a volunteer, intern or pro bono services donor (we can thank you on the air to build your business!):
- Research show topics and guests
- Keep our website content current
- Develop our social media presence
- Maintain our computers as on-call occasional tech support (or donate one faster than our antiques).
3) Connect us with your networks of:
- Potential donors or underwriters (who get their businesses thanked on our program, heard by thousands weekly!)
- Foundation grantmakers
- Fundraising party planners
- Journalists who might feature Out in the Bay
4) Open your home to us for a fundraising party and meet fascinating Out in the Bay guests and listeners.
5) Donate audio studio time
6) Affordable housing?!? (Gotta put it out there. My rent-controlled situation may be coming to an end, and independent radio producers don’t make nearly enough in this town to pay market rates … )
7) Hire us to help you with voice-overs, copy-writing, media relations, media planning, interviewing skills, and audio-video production.
8) Other: This list may change over time, so check back. And let us know any way YOU might be able to help us!
If you have an interest in any of the above, or know someone who might, please email Eric@OutintheBay.com